[bookport] Free downloads from audible.com

  • From: "Rich Hartness" <hartness@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:26:08 -0400

Greetings list,

There is a gold mine of free downloads available from audible.com.  This
includes all of the presidential and vice-presidential debates, President
Bush's address to the United Nations in September, speeches from both the
Democratic and Republican National Conventions back in the Summer and a
whole lot more.  These are free for downloading.

I know this listserv frequently obscures URL's with "=20" so be prepared to
remove "=20" from the following URL:
http://www.audible.com

Once you get to the main page, select the following link:

Speeches, Testimony, Debates, and more: Shop Election 2004

Once there, probably three quarters the way down the page, after a listing
of 10 or so speeches and books, select the following link:

Debates & Speeches

Once there, you will currently find 62 speeches. I haven't looked at all of
these offerings but everything I've seen is free for your downloading
pleasure.

Don't forget to vote.  This year is critically important.

Bookport is making a huge difference.  It's great to be better informed.

Gratefully,

Rich

PS:  I have no affiliation with audible.com other than being a satisfied
customer.  .