[bookport] Re: FW: [nabs-l] Downloading Digital Talking Booksfrom NLS

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:21:38 -0500

The NLS digital audio book program is still in beta. It can be difficult to commit to something until one fully assesses the technology as it is shipped as compared to specified theoretically in a document.

When Web Braille and RFB&D books are considered together, these two formats will have more books available for use at the time NLS launches its digital talking book program and will still have the lead a year or so afterward into the future.

Kelly

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>