[bookport] Re: Earphone recommendations wanted

  • From: "Scott D. Henning" <scott@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:38:56 -0600

Hi,

I would like to weigh in with a headphone recommendation, the <http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vcH54Uhn4HZ/cgi-bin//S-vcH54Uhn4HZ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=158MDRE71B&g=123900>

Sony MDR-EX71SL Black or white. These are very small in ear models. I use them on the bus and they really block out unwanted noise without having to be loud. The cable is very short, just right for the shirt pocket use of the Bookport. It comes with an extension cord if a longer run is needed. Of course a two piece cord is "fiddly", but I do like the short cable.

The down side of these is related to the plus side; they are tiny, delicate and do not come with a good storage solution. So far, I gently wrap them around the Bookport and put the whole thing in a pouch.
I like the idea of buying multiple units of a favored product, as models come and go.

Scott D. Henning
CE
KSUT Public Radio

At 12:21 PM 8/12/2005, you wrote: