[bookport] Book Port Software and Win 98 SE?

  • From: Dorothea Martin <dotty-martin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 05:42:47 -0400

Hello,
I guess the subject of the message says it all. Will the Book Port software
work with Windows 98 Second Edition? I am still running Old Faithful, my
350MHz Toshiba Portege 3020 with 96MB of RAM and JFW 4.51. I was asking on
the GuiSpeak list about whether to upgrade my operating system to Windows
Mi or Windows 2000. Many issues were raised about insufficient RAM, needing
to upgrade my JFW, and such, but one message said that the Book Port
software does work with Win 98 Second Edition. Can you please confirm or deny?
I am most likely going to purchase a Book Port during the next few months
but am considering a reformat now, so I think that if I must upgrade my
operating system, this is the time to do it.
Dotty Martin