[bookport] Re: Battery Life

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:14:27 -0400

Also, the BP documentation does mention that battery life will depend on the
format being read and it wouldn't surprise me at all that any format that
doesn't use the built-in synthesizer would generally be harder on batteries.
I've read about four books in .txt format so far on mine and the indicator
is still showing over 60% and this is on the batteries that came with the
unit. I'm curious to see how the life of NIMh batteries contrasts with
alkalines, so if anyone has some general figures, I'd be interested in
knowing them. I haven't been as pleased with a piece of blindness technology
in many years as I am with the Book Port, perhaps never.