[bookport] Audio Question

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookport" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:12:54 -0500

Recently I've been looking at sound recorders made by Olympus.
They record for several hours and while their quality isn't
always fantastic, they are good for capturing meetings. The
problem for me is that I can't edit them to remove dead space at
the beginning or during meetings and I don't have a way to
convert them into a format where I can index them for quick
retrieval of important information. Does anyone know of a good
WAV to MP3 converter so that I can at least put them on the
BookPort which has the capability to do bookmarks?

Gary