[bookcourier] Re: re-chargeable batteries

  • From: "Richard Bartholomew" <richard_bartholomew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 18:43:35 -0000

Hi, Dave

Both my wife and I totally agree with you about the sad introduction, if it's
fact, of rechargeable batteries.  As stated by others, the massive benefit of
the AA's is their long-life and ease of replacement when dead and you're not
near a power source.

I decided to send this 'I agree' message in the hopes that Springer are still
monitoring and will be able to take note of the number of people who would
still prefer to use standard batteries.  If the decision to use a rechargeable
battery is set in concrete, the bare minimum it should be is replaceable so
that a spare could be carried.  However, to my mind, even this would be second
best.

The fact that the Victor Reader Stream has a rechargeable battery is the major
reason why I hesitated to buy one!

Regards

Richard Bartholomew
E-Mail:  richard_bartholomew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx