[bookcourier] Re: Cannot transfer multiple book volumes

  • From: Holly Anderson <holly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:28:04 -0500

Ok, I just did some testing. Here's what you have to do. Make sure that not only the name is different but the file description is as well. What happens is that it takes the first few words of a title, I think the first 4. If 2 files have the same description bc will think they are the same file and ask you if you want to override them. When the file description dialog box comes up, make sure and edit the file description just enough to make them different. What I did was just put v1 and v2 after each file description. This means you can't check the box that allows you to transfer everything to the same folder. I'm not sure how this could be solved, unless springer changed the code to include more of the title, but the file description will still be the same.

Bookcourier uses the file description now instead of the file names to identify the files in the library, that's why you have this problem now with this current firm ware and didn't before. But if you change the file descriptions for each file they should all transfer. Hope this helps. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try and explain further.
Holly
At 09:41 AM 4/20/2006, you wrote:

Even if the book number includes characters such as v2, v3, v4, etc. instead of transferring them, I get asked if I want to overwrite those files. I don't want to overwrite them; I want to put the entire book into the BC.
Before updating the firmware, I did not have this problem at all.

Mimi
Happy House
Where we live, work and play,
The dearest spot on Earth is