Re: [book_talk] answer from RNIB

  • From: "Sharon S" <koala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <book_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:58:05 +1100

Hi Don, you could look on the bright side, at least they are still going to
send you books in the future once you get this mess sorted out. It's painful
when books go missing in the mail, I have had it happen a couple of times
but never Braille books. What I now do is I have a file on my BN where I
record what books I have returned and what date they went in the mail. This
way if they aren't returned within the normal time I contact the library
letting them know when I posted the book and then they can investigate from
their end. I was once told that the library actually gets onto the Australia
post and gets them to investigate where the book might have gone. I'm not
sure now we have moved over to burn on demand disks if they still do this
however they would with Braille books because they are harder to replace.

Hope you get it sorted out soon and can start receiving books again. I am
happy to report that even though the library has told me that I am now on
download only books they have sent me a hard copy Braille book. I am so
happy I prefer reading the hard copy and only electronic Braille books if I
can't get them any other way. I just feel that the BN's Braille display
isn't the same as a real book.

Bye for now.
From Shaz.