[book_talk] Fatal Friends

  • From: "Sue Ellen Melo" <susan.melo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <book_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 01:53:45 -0400

I just yesterday finished reading Fatal Friends and Deadly Neighbors by Ann
Rule, this is her latest Crime Files books. This book starts with the Susan
Powel case. This is the one where Susan, a devoted wife and mother
disappeared during a blizzard. Her husband Josh claimed she left him for
another man. But as they investigated, it began to become clear that Susan
did not have a picture perfect life. Her husband Josh was a control freak
and her father-in-law gave her the creeps. As the courts began to close in
on Josh Powel's own sexual inappropriateness and abusive tendencies, he took
his own life and that of his small sons and this book looks at that. I was
very angry reading this case as so much could have been done to protect
those children and wasn't.  There is also a look at the Corinado murders of
Rebecca Zahow and Max Shackni. Then several shorter write ups of other cold
cases in the Seattle area. All very chilling. this was a very interesting
read. I got it on commercial audio.

___
Sue Ellen
 @CSLewisDaily: The probability of us being here is so small, you'd think
the mere fact of existing would keep us all in a contented dazzlement of
surprise.
Contact info
twitter: sueellen1964
Skype sueellen64