[blindza] REAL TRANSFORMATION OF ORGANISATIONS "FOR" AND "OF"PEOPLE WITH disABILITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA

  • From: "Tony Webb" <tony.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BLINDZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:09:10 +0200

Comments from other lists pasted below.

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Webb
To: AACSA List
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: [AACSA] [disability] REAL TRANSFORMATION OF ORGANISATIONS "FOR"
AND "OF"PEOPLE WITH disABILITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA

Mpho,
Good question - always a problem with a topic of general interest.
Unfortunately the discussion is taking place on more than one List.
Or maybe that should be 'fortunately', as colleagues from several parts of the
disability sector give their input.

As you can see below, the topic was initiated by Magic on 18 Jan,  on the
Rehab/Disability list -  disability@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and I cross posted to 7 other lists on 19 Jan.
That generated  more comments but the thread is fragmented across mainly the
ACCSA, Rehab and NAP-Physical Lists.
I am still waiting for the Blind and Deaf sectors to get back from the beach
and join in...LOL

I suggest that you subscribe to some of the other lists to see what is being
said - your input would be welcomed.
See our website, May 2010 newsletter, for how to subscribe.

Regards,
Tony Webb,
The.Sponge Project, Port Elizabeth.
+27-41-368 3707, Mobile +27-82-290 3764,
tony.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxx,    http://thespongeproject.yolasite.com

        From: Jill Rose
        Date: 1/26/2012 3:05:35 PM
        To: 'Manamela, Machuene';  'Tony Webb';  'AACSA List'
        Subject: RE: [AACSA] [disability] REAL TRANSFORMATION OF ORGANISATIONS
"FOR" AND "OF"PEOPLE WITH disABILITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA

        Hi Machuene

        I understand your frustrations and it is great to see a physio with a
passion for educational issues. I wonder if you have visited Mitchell House in
Polokwane – it is really a trail blazer in terms of Inclusive Education. They
will inspire you to keep fighting for the inclusion of children with
disabilities at home, at school and in the community

        Let us have your thoughts about what is going on there

        Jill (also a physio)