[blindza] Re: Portable document and screen reader[?].

  • From: "Carel Ewald" <cewald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:37:21 +0200

Hi Deon,

I called the textscout company and they have a English demo version
available. They said they will mail me a access key, but nothing so far. The
full English version is not out yet.

The cost of the KNFB is about R13-15K and the text scout you are looking at
800 Euro. Locally you have to pay Vat so that puts the software at R10-11k.

As the guy explained to me, you put the document down, take a picture, the
phone uses OCR to recognize the text and your phone reads it out to you.
Donno why it is so expensive if it is that simple.

Regards,

Carel Ewald

Redfoot Enterprises

Cell: +27 83 4634023