[blindza] FW: SOUTH AFRICAN TANDEM ASSOCIATION

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:23:29 +0200

---original message---

SOUTH AFRICAN TANDEM ASSOCIATION
(CENTRAL GAUTENG)
P O BOX 10848 JOHANNESBURG 2000

Attention All cyclist,

This club is borne out of the concern for the sporting needs of all visually-impaired persons in the Gauteng Province of South Africa; That blind persons
should overcome the bane of isolation and be able to participate equally in the sport of cycling with their sighted counterparts.

The SOUTH AFRICAN TANDEM ASSOCIATION (GP) hereinafter referred to as > "> the club> "> , on the 2nd of September 2007 to the 8th of September will be
hosting our annual cycling training camp called the Johannesburg to Durban.

aims and objectives of the week arE:

* Intense training to promote and enhance tandem cycling as a sporting code amongst blind and partially sighted persons. We engage in activities that
encourage the training and development of cycling To co-operate with other organizations or clubs interested in cycling so as to further matters of common
interest.

To initiate develop and maintain a structure for disabled sportsmen-women in our Province. Also to assist blind and partially sighted members with a
tandem cycle in order for them to train and participate in organized cycle rides.

In March this year, we sent few teams down to Cape Town to take part in the National championships for the blind.

On our Johannesburg to Durban trip this year, we will be joined by a group of ten visual impaired children from the Athlone school for the blind. Accompanied
by their teacher Zelda. Altogether our club in Cape Town, will be a strong team of 34 people. Beside the children, they are bringing youngsters through.
Which will cycle with the children.
A bit about the youngsters. One of them is the son of a very big company. "Woolworths"They donated a tandem, and their CEO's son will be cycling with
one of our blind cyclist.
I am happy to announce, that tandem cycling is at it's best.

Regards
Vice Chair person

Nicky Wilson
 Contact no: 011 8780800