[blindtechtalk] Re: Malwarebytes/Triumphs and Struggles

  • From: David Russell <david.sonofhashem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:54:51 -0400

Hello David and all Blind Tech Talk Members,
I feel very much like a novice when it comes to computer issues, and
identify Malware Bytes as one of them.  I am not sure if the version
on my computer works, is working, has a set time limit to work and so
on.
I also have MS Essentials as anti-virus and so far think that is doing the job.
Recently though I have had an issue with files in MS Word that are saved.
If I open up a particular file in windows, no problem at all.
If I try to open those same files in MS Word, I get a message tellinbg
me file has been corrupted.
My computer had Jarte which is also a word processing program, but I
uninstalled that recently to see if that would correct things with MS
Word.  I store things on a portable drive and rarely use the C Drive
for saving files.  Any opinions?
Thanks for this general site for tech help!
David Russell
On 10/27/14, David Goldfield <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gerald, thank you for your message.  It is interesting that you have
> encountered the same difficulties. However, while I respect your choice
> to revert to an earlier version, I'd prefer to try, as my time allows,
> to figure out what is causing the crashes so that I can work with a
> version which is more current and one which might provide better
> scanning.  As I said, I do respect your choice, however.
>
> respectfully,
> David
>
> Feel free to visit my new Web site
> http://www.DavidGoldfield.info
>
> Feel free to visit my LinkedIn profile
> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-goldfield/12/929/573
>
> Visit my blog
> http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com
>
> Follow me on Twitter
> http://www.twitter.com/davidgoldfield
>

>          David Goldfield,
>         Founder and Peer Coordinator
>
>     Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
> To learn more about the users' group, visit
> http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/updated-faqphiladelphia-computer-users-group-for-the-blind-and-visually-impaired/
>
> On 10/27/2014 7:51 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:
>>
>> Just forget about Malware Bytes 2.0.1 and roll back to version 1.75,
>> which is more accessible and doesn't crash.  I tried MB 2.0.1, but
>> could not complete a scan successfully without the program aborting
>> prematurely, and I tried to run it at least a dozen times.  So I'm
>> back to version 1.75, and all is right with the world again.
>>
>> Gerald
>>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> (Redacted sender "happycatholic1211@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
>> DMARC)" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

-author of short stories
-blogger
--"Blessed is Hashem, forever, amen and amen!"
:)