[blindtechtalk] Re: Malwarebytes/Triumphs and Struggles

  • From: "David Goldfield" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "happycatholic1211@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: blindtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 07:59:10 -0400

Gerald, thank you for your message. It is interesting that you have encountered the same difficulties. However, while I respect your choice to revert to an earlier version, I'd prefer to try, as my time allows, to figure out what is causing the crashes so that I can work with a version which is more current and one which might provide better scanning. As I said, I do respect your choice, however.

respectfully,
David

Feel free to visit my new Web site
http://www.DavidGoldfield.info

Feel free to visit my LinkedIn profile
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-goldfield/12/929/573

Visit my blog
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/davidgoldfield

        David Goldfield,
       Founder and Peer Coordinator

   Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired
To learn more about the users' group, visit
http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/updated-faqphiladelphia-computer-users-group-for-the-blind-and-visually-impaired/

On 10/27/2014 7:51 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

Just forget about Malware Bytes 2.0.1 and roll back to version 1.75, which is more accessible and doesn't crash. I tried MB 2.0.1, but could not complete a scan successfully without the program aborting prematurely, and I tried to run it at least a dozen times. So I'm back to version 1.75, and all is right with the world again.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "happycatholic1211@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
DMARC)" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>