[blindreplay] Re: replay tagging xm songs

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:08:52 -0800 (PST)

You need to find streams that have 1-10 second gaps between each
song they play and Replay AV 8 will do it for you. You go to the
Splitting tab and choose the first checkbox there. It's edit box
for this checkbox is in milli seconds. I never used it though.

Other disadvantage is your split tracks/songs it does for you
will not be named for you. No tags like for the Artist and song
name.

Do you understand?

Tip:

You need to find stations that have 1-10 seconds of silence
between songs. Launchcast from Yahoo used to do this. I haven't
checked it lately.

If you have the above - all you need is Replay Music. The
current version is accessible. I have used it for 2 years plus
now.

The settings dialog box needs some work but if you know how to
use jaws cursor you will be just fine.

Tips I have learned with Replay Music:

Never change its bit rate. i was told to leave it at 128.

It uses the gracenote service to tag your songs it records for
you.

When a new version of Replay Music came out in the past, YOU
MUST uninstall the older version of Replay Music first and then
install the new version. Of course reboot your PC after
uninstalling.

There has not been a new version of Replay Musci for awhile now
because it works.

I used to use Winamp here. Whenever Winamp came out with a new
version it would brak the Replay Music gracenote tagging
service. Back then this was a known issue. I do not know how
things are now.

So if you update to newer Winamp version you must uninstall and
re-install Replay Music to fix the gracenote tagging of your
songs again.

I do not work for Applian and am telling you my experiences with
their products.

Replay Music is to be used for your own personal use.

The reason I have RM here is I beta tested RM for Applian.

Do you want a podcast on RM?

I do not recall how simple it was to install RM.