[blindreplay] Re: replay media capture

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 04:30:46 -0700 (PDT)

You will need a program which will convert these .flv files to the home DVD
player format first and then it will burn it to a blank DVD disc so it will
work and play on your stand alone home DVD player that is connected to your tv
set. Replay Converter 3 will do this but it is not out of beta. The developer
is working on this new Replay Converter 3 and is improving it and making
changes to it still.

You will need a DVD burner on your computer.

You cannot copy these .flv files to a DVD blank disc and then insert this disc
into your home DVD player and get them to play. The files must be converted
first and Replay Converter 3 will do this for you.

When you copy these files to a DVD disc it is called making a DVD data disc.
Replay Converter 3 will allow you to make DVD data disc also. When you make a
DVD data disc you are copying the files to the DVD blank disc and you can then
give this disc to someone else and he can insert this disc into his computer's
DVD drive. He can then play the files off the DVD disc or copy these files with
ctrl -c and paste them to the hard drive and play them off the hard drive.

I hear Winamp plays the .flv files but not sure. I use Applian's FLV Flash
Player as its very small application and comes with keyboard shortcuts. The FLV
Flash Player interface is invisible but all you need is the shortcuts to use
it. ctrl -o to open and locate your flv file on your hard drive. Spacebar to
pause and play. ctrl -enter to maximize screen. Left arrow to rewind. Right
arrow is to fast forward but does not work as it is broken. Developer said he
will fix it.

Petro