[blindreplay] Re: replay media capture

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:21:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
You might want to listen to the mp3 tutorial I did on Replay Media Catcher. The
current version is 2.20 and was released on May 1st.

Tips:
Replay Media Catcher is designed to record multiple streams and best of all is
you only have to play the video stream for say 1 minute. Stop that video and go
play another video stream and play that one for a minute and stop the 2nd video
and go play a 3rd video stream and repeat the steps.

Then you wait for Replay Media Catcher to do its job for you. The captures.

You go to the Replay Media Catcher program and find the listbox view. Use your
up and down arrow keys to review the list of captures.

When a capture is complete you will hear a sound beep for each capture job done.

The captures take time especially for movies. The files are .flv format.
Applian provides a free FLV player to hear these. The blog I have has the
keyboard shortcuts for FLV Flash player.

If you use JAWS 8 or 9 you can use:
insert -ctrl - numbers 2 or it maybe
insert -ctrl - numbers row 3

On a listing in the listbox and you will hear the DATA figure/number on how
your capture is going like a download percentage. When you no longer hear this
data number changing (static) then the capture job for that video is complete.

It's a very easy program to use.

Default folder for recordings is in My Documents.

3 issues and doesn't look like developer is going to change them for us. Have
tried my best here.

The "- or " you hear on main interface is the minimize button. The "X" is the
close button. These are not issues as you know as you have altenative ways like
alt -F4 and windows key plus m to minimize.

Do not use alt -r as it conflicts with the menu bar and record button. Just use
alt key and right arrow to go to the menus.

I cannot change the default recording folder here. Will check it again. Would
be nice to do so.

You can start a recording 2 different ways. One way is to to go the record menu
and choose start recording. To stop recording go back to this menu and choose
stop recordi