[blindreplay] Re: having trouble recording several stations

  • From: "Susan Wojtecki" <wojtecki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:07:52 -0400

Petro,
The feeds definitely work both from the webpages and via www.streamingradioguide.com and www.radiotime.com. WLTW is probably a clear channel but surprisingly I got the commercial feed to record but not the secondary HD feed. I think this is the first time I've tried recording HD channels. I was surprised to find that content freely available on their website but figured that if it was playable it might be recordable. Have you had any luck with HD channels, and do you think that clear channel stations are still blocking their content so that recording does not work? Not sure if my problems are because of this or possibly some other user error, but have just written to Tom as you suggested and will try again to see if I can successfully connect. The problem, incidentally, is not with Replay-AV itself or my ISP, since all other shows are recording fine. Will keep you posted.

Susan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Susan Wojtecki <wojtecki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blindreplay] having trouble recording several stations
To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone,
I've located the internet feeds from several local
stations via resources
external to replay-av and also found them in the station
finder. In all
cases these stations play fine from their websites, though
for two of them
the use of am embedded feed and/or special player seems to
be involved. All
of these appear in replay-av's database as well, but I
have not succeeded in
capturing any of them or playing with with the tuner
feature. The stations
in question are whud and wawz, both fm streams. The third
is wltw, which
offers a commercially available as well as an HD feed, both
playable from
their website. I thought initially that this was a clear
channel station
since i was having some difficulty capturing the stream,
but was finally
able to get the commercial stream by using the url finder
but not the HD
feed. I would appreciate the experience of anyone
attempting to duplicate
efforts with these stations. I'll hunt down station
URLs if that helps
though I think you can get to them via the station finder.
I know that Mike
and Petro and others have helped with things like this in
the past so trust
that one of you guys/gals can take a stab and report back.
Tia.

Susan

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3382 (20080823) __________

http://www.eset.com