[blindreplay] Re: Testing Accessible Audio and Video Editor

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 06:50:33 -0700 (PDT)

No this has to do nothing with Replay but you will be able to
edit your recordings Replay AV creates. I do feel its the right
time to mention this software because some functions are missing
at this time and I am not sure if the developer will make these
improvements even though he told me he will add them in a future
release. Right now he is working on wmv, wmv hd files.

With this software I am able to split/cut dvr-ms files. dvr-ms
is Microsoft's recorded tv format which is used with Microsoft's
Windows Media Center. I use ORB Networks to record my tv signal
here and the recordings are in dvr-ms format.

Using Windows Media Player 11 and playing back the dvr-ms video
files I gather the start and end times for the show parts I want
to keep. This eliminates the commercials for me.

This software can be used with the command line. Start menu,
Run, then cmd then press your ENTER key.

I enter the command line code and the software cuts the dvr-ms
files for me that I need.

If the developer promises to do the unfinished work I asked for
I will certainly announced this product to everyone. Or when I
do not see anymore progress I will announce this to everyone too
but will state its limitations.

What I like about this software it is simple to use. Does not
require to learn any keyboard commands like ctrl+shift+ left
bracket and others.

I will do some podcasts too.

The software will split:

AVI, DV AVI, dvr-ms files with either the application or through
the command line method.

You can also use it to archive your files. The application saves
these as .SEG files and if necessary you can rebuild these back
into 1 single file.

Petro