[blindreplay] Re: Replay Requirements

  • From: "Annelie" <acer2772@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:16:58 -0500

How do you turn these off?

-----Original Message-----
From: blindreplay-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:blindreplay-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kelly Pierce
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 7:06 AM
To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blindreplay] Re: Replay Requirements

Gary,

Are you running Windows Defender?  I have just discovered that Defender is a
tremendous CPU hog.  Turning it off yesterday led to a smoother running PC.

Also, have you disabled the content indexer in XP?  This is an XP feature
that doesn't work well but requires a lot of RAM and CPU overhead.  When I
disabled this, I noticed a lot less latency and a zippier machine.

Deciding not to use these artifacts of Microsoft bloatware could give Replay
the computer processing power and memory when it needs it.

Kelly