[blindreplay] Re: Replay Radio 9 & WAV capture

  • From: Jeffrey Wilson <jwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 07:35:02 -0700

Online radio stations can send data in many different formats (MP3, FLV, WMA,
and AAC to list a few).  The Direct Download recording method means that our
software grabs whatever the site sends - pure data.  Of course, not all sites
can be directly downloaded, which is why we provide the Audio Record method as
well.

The Audio Record method does a recording after your browser has processed the
data into a playable format.  Consequentially, with Audio Record you can choose
to save the audio as MP3 or WAV.  A RR9 WAV recording is 16 bit, 48 kilohertz.
If you want to record as MP3, we don’t recommend setting the bit rate higher
than 128.  Most online radio stations send their content at rates lower than
128, so if you use a higher recording bitrate, you are only increasing the file
size and not effectively increasing the recording quality.

Regards,

Jeffrey Wilson
Applian Technologies, Inc.