[blindeudora] Re: strange problem with eudora address list

  • From: Lou Burton <lburton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 02:43:26 -0400

Howdy budd, in tools options, auto compleetion, there are two setting that you can uncheck. history file, or addressbook. these tell eudora where it can grab addresses for matching and autocompleeting the addresses. By unchecking one of them at a time you can narrow the places to look by illimination.

If that doesn't work, use your search box, for looking for any words within files, and look for the incorrect address , making sure that your search is set to include hidden and system files

One of the biggest areas that unexpected addresses are found is in history.txt, don't remember where it is located, but a file search should reveal that.
Hope that helps...me!
a while back Bud Schwab told me on 21, 06 8/2/2012
Hi felloww Eudorians,

I do have a strange problem with the address list. My niece Chris is one of the entries on my address list. If I type in chris it will expand to her proper email address. However, if I enter a few addresses separated by commas and one of them is her name, it expands to another Chris address. If I put her name first on the list of several names I'm sending to it expands to her proper address. I've searched through the files in the Eudora folder and I cannot find that other Chris listed. I hope that's clear. Any idea as to how I can find and eliminate that other Chris's address?
Thanks for any ideas..

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California