[blindeudora] Re: W/ Eudora 7.1.0.9 receiving or sending, I receive one of the following errors:

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 09:44:31 -0600

Under checking mail, there are four radio buttons under 'secure sockets when sending'. If it isn't already set, choose the third option, required, use alternate port.

At 07:02 AM 1/25/2015, you wrote:
make sure you have the correct pop, smtp, log in and password and ports if need changed. That is what that error is telling you.

At 08:17 PM 1/24/2015, you wrote:
Using Win 7 Pro, Firefox, Eudora 7.1.0.9
Whether receiving or sending, I receive one of the following errors:

Eudora says:
There has been an error transferring your email.  I said.  PASS <shhhh!
And then the POP server [(my ID)@pop.comcast.net] said: ERR LOGIN failed
or
There has been an error transferring your email. I said. MAIL FROM [(my ID)@pop.comcast.net] And then the SMTP server [SMTP.comcast.net] said 550 5.1.0 Authentication required
or
Contacting SMTP.comcast.net [96.114.157.81]
Could not connect to “SMTP.comcast.net” Cause connection refused [10061]

Any suggestions on a fix ??

Thanks
List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Tim