[blindeudora] Re: The Overwrite Modus Problem

  • From: northstar1950@xxxxxxx
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 01:44:59 -0500

hmmm, i just did to mine and it works. have you pressed insert+v and down arrowed to when replying add blank lines at top?

Legend has it that on Friday 5/21/2010 01:13 AM, Curtis Delzer said:
I appreciate this link very much, though I can't seem to get the "add single line" to work, I am on the same line as the quoted text, no matter, even if I tell JFW 11 to add empty lines at top.

Curtis Delzer.
HS.

on Thursday 5/13/2010 05:14 PM, Doris and Chris said:
Go to

http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/ini.html

(you can also save this to your hard drive) and look for something like

"allow overwrite"

clicking this link will bring up an option dialog in eudora. The default value is set to "1" setting it to "0" turns overwrite off for good.

Alternatively you can open your eudora.ini file in notepad and make the change in there. Always remember to make a backup of your .ini file before playing around with the settings.

hth

Doris

At 11:29 AM 5/13/2010 -1000, you wrote:
Wow, Dorris. How do you turn it on? I'd like to learn from your experience. Fortunately, I haven't found that pitfall before.
Betsy
At 10:35 AM 5/13/2010, you wrote:
After some 13 years of using Eudora and running into the problem of accidentally turning on the overtype mode, I stumbled onto the solution when greading thru the Eudora.ini settings in search of a fix for another problem. <g>

There actually is a setting for the eudora.ini file to turn off the overtype mode altogether. It is enabled by default, i.e. set to "1",; setting it to "0" disables the overtype mode altogether. This will save me some grief and headaches over accidentally deleted/overtyped text in mails for the future. since this topic has come up on list on occasion, I thought I share.

Happy mailing!

Doris

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Currently in Fessenden, North Dakota Clear, 55°F Wind:SSE-160° at 3mph
Earth first...we'll mine the other planets later.

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora