[blindeudora] Re: The Overwrite Modus Problem

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:29:05 -1000

Wow, Dorris. How do you turn it on? I'd like to learn from your experience. Fortunately, I haven't found that pitfall before.

Betsy
At 10:35 AM 5/13/2010, you wrote:
After some 13 years of using Eudora and running into the problem of accidentally turning on the overtype mode, I stumbled onto the solution when greading thru the Eudora.ini settings in search of a fix for another problem. <g>

There actually is a setting for the eudora.ini file to turn off the overtype mode altogether. It is enabled by default, i.e. set to "1",; setting it to "0" disables the overtype mode altogether. This will save me some grief and headaches over accidentally deleted/overtyped text in mails for the future. since this topic has come up on list on occasion, I thought I share.

Happy mailing!

Doris

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora