[blindeudora] Re: Outbox archiving

  • From: Lou Burton <lburton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:29:15 -0400

Open your out box, and ctrl+a to select all.
hit ctrl+r for transfer to.
from the list select new.
give it a recognizable name.
make sure that transefer is checked as you tab across (usually it is)
tab to ok, and smack enter.

Wala, new box with all your old mail in it, and you can still access it as if it was an outbox.

Also in the future, you could create filters that would transfer mail in to it after it was sent, there by dividing your outgoing mail, just as if it was incoming.

Hope that will do it fer you, Lou
At 12, 20 10/23/2010, you wrote:
Hello Listers,

I'm new, I think :). I use to be on a couple Eudora lists way back but I see they are de-funked, perhaps this is the server now. At any rate I have a question regarding the out box. I have Eudora set to keep copies of my emails sent in the out box. There is quite a bit of them in there and I'd like to empty it but I don't want to lose them in case I need to search for info down the road. Here's the question. Can I just rename the outbox.bx file, save it somewhere else on my computer? Eudora will automatically make a new one I believe or I could create one I suppose. But, the question I have is if I wanted to open the old one, will it again recognize it as an out box and overwrite the existing one? I ask because I think I tried something similar a while back now with one of the boxes and I didn't get the results I wanted but I honestly can't remember what happened anymore.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad Dunse

A goal is a dream with a plan to get there. --Anonymous

E Mail: brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5558 (20101023) __________

http://www.eset.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take
everything you have.'
-Thomas Jefferson -

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora