[blindeudora] Re: Opening attachments

  • From: Betsy Whitney <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:41:38 -1000

Aloha Donald,
I am really lost on this one. I've been through all of the option items and all of the emails I have saved from the list. I am assuming that what you want to have happen, is that when you click on an attachment at the bottom of a message, you want it to open with the appropriate program. I remember that back with JAWS 8, there was a problem with this function. I remember that someone told me that when that dialog box came up saying it didn't know what program to use, there were other items that I could access by pressing either the context key or a mouse key. When I did that, there was a choice to tell it that when ever, for example, a file with a .doc extension was clicked on, to always use Word or whatever your preference is. I just can't seem to find that box now. Hopefully, this email will clue someone else who knows about this and they'll chime in.
Betsy
At 06:57 AM 12/4/2009, you wrote:
Andy, your method is the method I had been using but found
it a bit frustrating.  So I hoped for a more direct and
quicker way of opening that attachment.  That is why I posed
the question, but sincere thanks for the response.

Don Roberts