[blindeudora] Re: New Member thinking about using eudora.

  • From: Pat Byrne <k9jau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:25:00 -0600

Jim,
I don't have an answer for you; my wife is using a WIN7 64 bit machine, JFW11 and the latest Eudora. And Eudora has not worked well for her. Reading is unreliable and she often sees "did not find end of headers", and the text of the e-mail is skipped. A person can manually arrow through the message and read successfully, though. i can run Eudora with my WIN-XP SP3 configuration with JFW11 and the latest Eudora and my success rate is not particularly better. Using JFW10 though, Eudora works perfectly. So the culprit is JFW11, right?!! My wife's former Dell runs WIN-XP, JFW11 and Eudora and works like a champ. And we believe that both of our XP machines have the same JAWS and Eudora settings. Freedom Scientific is aware of the problem - they and my wife have comminicated and so far there is no resolution. So go for it!! Perhaps you will be successful and perhaps not.
Challenges are so much fun.
Good luck.
Pat ByrneAt 01:37 PM 3/10/2010, you wrote:
Hi all,
Currently, I am running windows7, jaws 11, and running it on a 64 bit machine. I currently am running windows live mail. Would Eudora work on such a set up? And if it would, where do I get it. After getting it, are there any tips and tricks on setting d

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora