[blindeudora] Re: Major Problems with Eudora

  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:15:16 -0400

You sure its not port 587? There is a check box for that in tools options, sending mail.

At 03:43 AM 6/14/2013, you wrote:
Hello Listers,

I’m having major issues with Eudora. I have three email accounts; two are gmail accounts and the third is my personal email and my internet service provider is MediaCom.

The two gmail accounts both, of course, have the same type settings i.e., pop3 accounts and…ironically, my mediaCom account also has the same port settings as my two gmail accounts. For example, the incoming port number is 995 and the smtp port number is 465;the other settings are all the same as the gmail accounts but yet, though the gmail accounts seem to be working correctly, when the server tries to go out to retrieve my mediaCom email, I’m getting an error message that says: host not found and something about my smtp; I don’t remember the entire message but I’m getting the feeling because it mentions the smtp, that it’s not finding the portnumber and I don’t know how to go in there and insert that port number. I see that the incoming port number is therefore the pop3 which is 995 but I don’t see the smtp port number: 465. If anybody can help me with this, I would deeply appreciate it.

Respectfully,
Fina nad Dogguide Daphne
<mailto:peterRubin1950@xxxxxxxxx>peterRubin1950@xxxxxxxxx

Tim