[blindeudora] Major Problems with Eudora

  • From: Fina Currey <peterrubin1950@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 02:43:45 -0500

Hello Listers,

I'm having major issues with Eudora. I have three email accounts; two are
gmail accounts and the third is my personal email and my internet service
provider is MediaCom.

The two gmail accounts both, of course, have the same type settings i.e.,
pop3 accounts and.ironically, my mediaCom account also has the same port
settings as my two gmail accounts. For example, the incoming port number is
995 and the smtp port number is 465;the other settings are all the same as
the gmail accounts but yet, though the gmail accounts seem to be working
correctly, when the server tries to go out to retrieve my mediaCom email,
I'm getting an error message that says: host not found and something about
my smtp; I don't remember the entire message but I'm getting the feeling
because it mentions the smtp, that it's not finding the portnumber and I
don't know how to go in there and insert that port number. I see that the
incoming port number is therefore the pop3 which is 995 but I don't see the
smtp port number: 465. If anybody can help me with this, I would deeply
appreciate it.

Respectfully,

Fina nad Dogguide Daphne

peterRubin1950@xxxxxxxxx