[blindeudora] Re: In box lost

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:52:35 -0700

When Eudora asked you if it should "rebuild" it meant the table of contents
since the text files which are the messages are just downloaded as text files
and the program uses routines to determine header, body,
etc. of the messages. So, if you do have the in.mbx file(s) including the other
*.mbx files with numbers e.g. in001.mbx and in002.mbx (which are backups of
earlier ones) then the *.toc files will be created again if
they aren't there or, if damaged, Eudora will prompt you. If you weren't
prompted, it means, most likely, what you got, is what you're going to have as
an end result since the *.toc files just help the program to
determine what to display.

Curtis Delzer

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:48:06 -0700, Larry Gassman wrote:

Sorry, but your anser doesn't answer my question.
I mentioned that I knew that my in box was lost, because I
unintensionally said no, when Eudora asked me if I wanted to rebuild
my inbox.  I didn't mean to do that, but I did.
So, that being said, I wonder if there is any way to retrieve what was damaged?
I got most of it back by viewing the in box in word.  So it existed there.
Now, I would like to see if I can get it back in my in box.
Erasing all table of contents files did not work.
Thanks.
Larry

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora