[blindeudora] Re: External Text Editor?

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 06:53:30 -1000

I think I missed the first part of this thread. What is the purpose of the external editor?

Betsy

At 06:48 AM 7/22/2010, you wrote:
well, there is a long way around if it is worth it to you:
1. open a reply with eudora,
2. highlight with ctro+a then cut with ctrl+x,
3. get in to your favorite editor,
4. paste ctrl+v and do what editing you would like to on it,
5. and then ctrl+a, ctrl+c back to the clipboard,
6. get back in to eudora and ctrl+v back in to the empty reply.

Remember using the ctrl+x at first, this cut everything out of the reply, so that it was not in your way on the way back in with the newly edited text.

Yeah, kind of sloppy, but for now, that seems to be the only way, unless I can figure out the eudora file naming conventions, and give you the actual file to save in to directly.

Later, me!
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take
everything you have.'
-Thomas Jefferson -

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora