[blindeudora] Re: Eudora's Opening Blank Browser Window

  • From: Lou Burton <lburton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:11:45 -0400

No problem darlin, some times the best fixes come along by doing stuff like that, and the hell of it is to reconstruct just what went right, smile!

At 23, 41 5/16/2010, you wrote:
You know, I just realized that mine stopped doing that when I installed explorer 8. I remember going through some menus and checking and unchecking things, and I remember some box related to things opening in a new window. I unchecked that box and that was that. I'm really sorry I have no idea what I did.
Betsy
At 04:04 PM 5/16/2010, you wrote:
I always wondered why msie did that, and also noticed that when I used firefox, it didn't open the blank window, and even though I also use the blank for the home page, even if I had something in that field, eudora still opened up the blank window.

Go figure.

Later, me!

At 12, 54 5/15/2010, you wrote:
Just an observation here.

I changed my default browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox recently .

As discussed the other week, Eudora would always open an extra blank - I use a blank page for my homepage - browser window when clicking on a link from an email mesage. I find this is not the case when using Firefox for my default browser. I have no idea why this is but thought it intersting and worth noting. and,no, I do not use tab browsing in Firefox but have it open a new webpage instead for a new link.

Just thought I share this. And Firefox is pretty decent as a browser.

Cheers,

Doris

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5117 (20100515) __________

http://www.eset.com

'Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is
a well armed lamb contesting the vote!'
Author: Benjamin Franklin

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5120 (20100517) __________