[blindeudora] Re: Customized date line

  • From: Lou Burton <lburton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:48:20 -0400

Well Pat, you would go in to your eudora.ini file with notepad, and add the following line just above the "[mapping}" line,

ReplyAttribution="on %1, Pat Furguson wrote"
The problem with what you want is that this line is to say who wrote the original message that you are replying to, not who you are, cause that is in the to field, smile! so you would have to hard code Pat Furguson, rather then you it represented as a variable.

Later hun, me!

a while back Pat Ferguson told me on 10, 44 10/26/2010
I tried to find it but I couldn't find it.

I want mine to say

"on October 26th 2010, Pat Ferguson wrote

Any help is greatly appreciated, please.

I love this list. lol.

Thanks much.

Pat Ferguson

At 12:35 AM 10/24/2010, you wrote:
yes, its in the settings section of the eudora.ini file.
Legend has it that on Sunday 10/24/2010 12:28 AM, Brad Dunse said:
Thanks. Where does one actually go to edit that? Eudoria's ini file?

Brad

On Sunday 10/24/2010 12:11 AM, northstar1950@xxxxxxx wrote:"
here you go, this will change the reply separator in eudora, all you have to do is click on the links and follow the prompts.

<X-Eudora-Option:FixedDateFormat=%3 %2 %1>

<X-Eudora-Option:ReplyAttribution="It has been noted that on %1, %2 wrote:">

Legend has it that on Saturday 10/23/2010 11:43 PM, Brad Dunse said:
How did you customize your  line...

Legend has it that on Saturday 10/23/2010 11:12 PM, Norma A. Boge said:

I know where but not "what" to put in there :)

At 11:38 PM onSaturday 10/23/2010, you wrote:
hmmm, try this:

1: press alt+e then s for the sort menu
2: arrow down through the items and press enter on the first one you find a check mark by it. 3: repeat step 1 and 2 till there's nothing checked. that may fix your problem.

Legend has it that on Saturday 10/23/2010 11:12 PM, Norma A. Boge said:
Hi Lou,

Problem not solved. <frown>

Norma

At 09:57 PM 10/23/2010, you wrote:
Howdy norma:

tools, options, mailboxes, and tab across to: "select newly inserted messages (FUMLUB) and check that box!

Wala, problem solved, smile!

At 15, 06 10/23/2010, you wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm using Eudora 7 with Jaws 9. After I've downloaded messages and control tab to a certain mailbox, focus is always placed at the last, or bottom, message instead of on the first unread message. So I have to page up or arrow up to find the first unread message. I'm sure there's a simple fix for this, so anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks,
Norma

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5558 (20101023) __________

http://www.eset.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take
everything you have.'
-Thomas Jefferson -

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5558 (20101023) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

Birth? learn? intern? earn? lectern? sojourn? adjourn?
Enjoy the ride, its shorter than you think. --Anonymous

E Mail: brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5558 (20101023) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5565 (20101026) __________