[blindeudora] Re: Crashed and lost inbox settings

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:54:10 -0700

I know the feeling EXTREMELY WELL, just came out of a situation where I went
back to my old mailer for almost a week until I figured out what happened.
Are you maybe running the 7.0 beta, which, in my case using window-eyes, fixed
some of the problems I was having, including reading paths instead of
mailbox names as the titles.
Did you delete all of the inbox *.toc files as well? Close all of the other
mailboxes you may have open at the time and see if, after deleting all the
inbox *.toc
files if that helps. Do you have other mailboxes inside folders like lists or
saved stuff? Maybe the descmap file in your Eudora root directory is corrupt.
If you
have stuff you don't want to lose that is in your inbox now, be sure to save a
copy of your in.mbx file. Run "compact mailboxes" often so they don't become
too big to handle, actually causing more corruption as a possibility. That
"compact" mailboxes command actually deletes the messages which were in the
inbox, (and all your other Eudora mailboxes) even though you've trashed them, a
handy way to get message(s) back you've accidently deleted, even from
the trash, which is to say, in order to get a deleted message back which had
been deleted from trash, just delete a given mailbox's *.toc file, and Eudora
will
make a new one with all those deleted messages back, if you had not run
"compact mailboxes."
Sorry if that is somewhat a convoluted sentence.

Curtis Delzer