[blindeudora] Re: 64 bit and Eudora

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:37:01 -0400

Eudora 8.0 aka Eudora OS is out of beta since last year.

It is Thunderbird on Steroids and not worth the effort IMO. if you want to go that route, get Thunderbird itself and maybe install the Penelope extension but it won't be anything like eudora.

Eudora should work on a 64bit system also.

hth

Doris

At 11:47 AM 8/16/2011, you wrote:
hmmm, haven't tried eudora with a 64bit system, but will have to see if i can get one up and running to test. i wouldn't try the 8 beta because it really isn't eudora like we know it now. its just thunderbird with eudora-like keystrokes. not good at all.

Legend has it that on Tuesday 8/16/2011 08:17 AM, Brad Dunse' said:
Anyone else running the below:

Window 7 64 bit system
Eudora Version 7.1.0.9

I've noticed several issues and wondering if a reinstall, an older version or the 8.0 beta version is necessary. This I've noticed.

Junk bin. When right clicking on a junk mail and making it "not junk" it doesn't put it in the inbox. My old system use to do this which also trains your junk mail filter.

Reading composed message. When reading with CTRL Right Arrow it'll stop reading half way across the screen much of the time

Checking mail: The CTRL M hot key to check mail sometimes does not work but press ing ALT F then M does all the time. I know if fails because I'll watch the task window for mail activity after pressing it.

I have no customized scripts loaded at the momen as they seemed to offer other issues despite some really handy features.

I'm functional but these couple quirks are a pain in the backside now and again :).

Brad Dunse

If you're fishing with your buddy and he says "Can you get me a hook"and you spill your tackle box while reaching for your writing bag... You might be a songwriter. --Capt'n Frank

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora