[blindcooks] ciabatta and other breads

  • From: "Valerie" <rosetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 13:59:22 +1030

Hello Joyce.  Ciabatta is such a lovely bread and as Jon has described, has
a really crispy crust, lots of holes in the dough and it is lovely used for
sandwiches but really great as a dipping bread in flavoured herbed olive
oils and dukkah.  It’s good with any dip  spread on too, especially with a
feta, mint and olive dip and it’s also  good  toasted.  I’m hoping to make
some later this week , or at least have a go, but right now I have a lot of
bread dough to use.

I made the 12 day recipe bread a few days ago, I have the biggest bowl of
dough I the fridge,  Day two, I made two pizza from some of the dough, it
rolled out really well.  I made one pizza as was described, placing filling
on and then proceed to cook without waiting, the other base  I let the dough
sit for about ¾ of an hour, dough base  had just slightly risen by then.
Both pizza bases were good, but preferred the one where the base  had been
let sit for a while

From  the day two dough,  I was very happy with the second pizza.

Have others tried the recipe, was it Carolyn that sent it in originally?
Cheers. Valerie