[blindcooks] Sugar's caldo de rez(beef soup)

  • From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "2006 Christmas Recipe" <2006ChristmasRecipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 15:59:25 -0800

Since mom and dad are with me and it's a bit frosty outside I made caldo de
rez(beef soup)
Here is my recipe:
2lb of lean "trositos" beef tips
1 can swanson low sodium chicken broth
2 cans diced fire roasted tomatos(roasted garlic and basil)don't drain
1 small diced onion
3 diced stalks of celery
2 chopped green bell peppers
1 table spoon chicken bouillon
1 table spoon salt
1 table spoon garlic powder
1 teasppon olive oil
7 diced potatos
6 corn on the cobs cut in half
Half a green cabbage
Lemon for taste

In a big pot place olive oil, then beef tips. Place water in to cover the
beef tips and maybe a bit more.
let simmer for about 30 minutes or till tips start to rise.

Place cans of tomatos, chicken broth and season with salt and garlic powder.
Then add veggies
*potatos are done separately ad when they are about almost done then place
in the pot of rest of soup*
Corn on the cob is boiled seperatly as well.
Once everything is in,leaving the sliced cabbage till about 15 minutes
before all done let it all simmer on med heat for another hour or till
carrots are soft.
Squeeze lemon for taste and serve with corn tortillas.
'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the
night.
~Sugar