[blindcooks] Re: My Talking Kitchen Scale Died Today After 12 Years or So--What's The best One to Get Now? Where?

  • From: "Jon Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 11:48:47 -0800

Hi Carolyn:
So far as I am aware, there are only two models of talking kitchen scale available. One of them uses a spring, has a male voice with a slight accent (I think?), and can weigh up to 11 pounds. I forget how high the weight can go in the metric system. It is accurate to within half an ounce or five grams. The other model is a digital scale that has a maximum weight capasity of six pounds ten ounces (again, I forget the max weight in metricss), is much smaller, and is accurate to within a tenth of an ounce or one gram. It has a female voice. I'm not sure which one you had, but the only two places I have ever ordered from are Independent Living Aids and Talk 2 Me. I haven't had to buy a talking scale in a while, but I'm certain one or both of these places will have what you're looking for. Personally, I prefer the digital model because it is much more accurate, which is especially important when I'm weighing things in the metric system, which I find myself doing more and more. If you need the number for the Talk 2 me catalogue, let me know and I'm sure I can dig it up for you.
  Hope this helped.
  Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carolyn Ranker" <carolynranker@xxxxxxxxx>