[blindcooks] Cucumbre Raita and Pineapple and coconut sambal

  • From: "Valerie" <rosetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 14:54:57 +1030

Hello Susan, Raita recipe below, the other one I just winged, but details
below too.  Cheers. Valerie

Cucumber Raita

1 cup yoghurt

½ Lebanese cucumber, de seeded and chopped finely

¼ tsp cumin powder

2 tablespoons finely chopped mint

Pinch salt

Pinch pepper

Dusting of paprika

Mix altogether apart from paprika.  Place mixture in a bowl and store
covered  in fridge, good for one day storage, but better if used before.
Just before serving, dust raita with paprika.

Pineapple Sambal, I diced about a cup and a half of  pineapple, added dried
coconut, pinch sugar, hot chilli sauce to taste and some  lime juice and
chopped coriander over the top to finish.  I taste tested this as did not
have a recipe, but it came out with some nice flavours.