Re: pod safe music network

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:24:48 -0700

Yes, you do have to add to a play list first and then you can download
them to your hard drive; after downloaded, you can splice them into your
show or play them through a mixer or whatever.  Then you need to go to
the playlist and select the report option.  this reports to the original
artist that you played his/her tune on a particular show episode.  This
last step is actually quite accessible.  You then get referred to a
"shownotes friendly link that you can paste into your shownotes.  This
will give your show listeners direct trackable links to the artist's
home page.

The hardest part are those bloomin' graphic buttons used to play the
tune or add to playlist.  Frankly, once the add to playlist button is
pushed, the process becomes quite accessible.  It brings up a dialog
with the track artist and title; if that's the one you want, just hit
enter on the button that completes it.  I should also hasten to tell you
that once your track is "reported as played," it drops off your playlist
and the only access to it after that would be in your history area or
retrieving it again from the main catalog.  I'm not quite sure why that
do it this way but I guess they want some way to force podcasters to
report it again.  Though I would think there could be a more efficient
way to do this.  But that's probably a discussion for another day.

On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 03:04:39PM -0500, Rich Cavallaro wrote:
> Hi all:
> Am I correct in saying that the pod safe music network has some accessibility
> issues?
> I can search for a song but every time I click the add to my playlist link it
> doesn't seem to work.
> Is there something I am doing wrong here?
> As I understand it you have to add the song to your playlist before you can
> download it.
> Is that correct?
>
> Rich Cavallaro
> Check out my podcast at