ePodcast Creator, anyone?

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:37:15 -0700

Hi all,

I learned about this software at the expo last weekend. It is available at http://www.industrialaudiosoftware.com as a 30 day free trial. The software is supposed to provide an integrated way to create and publish podcasts. Unfortunately, at the moment, it isn't very accessible, despite the presence of a few keyboard shortcuts. Maybe someone with more hard core programming skill than I could script it or something. I'm just not quite sure.

First, the program's user interface elements are clearly nonstandard. I reclassified a number of buttons and sliders and set the highlight colors in JAWS. Even after doing that, it remains impossible to tell the setting on the sliders. No percentage is read by JAWS, etc. Graphical buttons have no associated text labels.

Second, there is insufficient functionality in the menu bar to conduct the same operations as those found in the inaccessible main program screen.

Third, the keyboard shortcuts are insufficient to provide an equivalent level of accessibility. The record/stop shortcut is the same, thus requiring one to remember or be able to tell by sight whether or not one is actually recording.

Anyone else out here tried this software?  Any ideas?

A+, CSSA, Network+!
Blind Access Journal blog: http://www.blindaccessjournal.com