[blind-philly-comp] Sending emails

  • From: Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-philly-comp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 12:18:21 -0600

My dilemma is a bit complex and somewhat frightening to me. About a week ago I started having issues with sending emails via my Thunderbird and gmail account, which I still do. Sometimes they go slowly, but other times they don't go at all or I get a message that an error occurred with saving message to send mail.

. I kept on being asked to provide my credentials when trying to send an email. That part got fixed after paying $50 to a guy who told me it was just a matter of enabling cookies or something like that.

However, a very interesting thing has happened. When my son set me up with gmail my protocol was pop, but now it's imap. I'm not even sure if I'm explaining it well. The port used to be 995, but now it's 993. Two other interesting things, 1. gmail is now my top account, when before my sbc account was above the gmail account. The other thing is that in my default programs under control panel I have Thunderbird and Thunderbird new. I realize that Thunderbird upgraded recently, but it was longer than a week ago, when I started having these sending problems.

I should say that I'm not using gmail on the web.

Should I be concerned?

--

Maria Campbell
lucky1@xxxxxxxxx

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries.
Without them, humanity cannot survive.
--Dalai Lama

You are invited to visit the moderator's Web site at WWW.DavidGoldfield.Info
for additional resources and information about assistive technology training
services.

To unsubscribe from this list, please email
blind-philly-comp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the
subject line.

To subscribe from another email address, send email to
blind-philly-comp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word subscribe in the subject
line.

To contact the list administrator, please email
blind-philly-comp-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx