[blind-chess] Rebecca, sorry ... Re: Re: More on ... Addition to Problem WAC033

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:59:16 -0700

Hello Rebecca,

Sorry there is a much better answer that forces the issue.  Look for forcing
moves and look at Paul's excellent analysis of the problem.  Paul moves through
the analysis in stages so you can continue to try solving the problem without
looking at the answer.  He analyzes the position, then gives some hints and
finally provides his solution.

Richard
  On 2010-09-14, at 11:06 AM, R Dinger wrote:

    Good Morning Puzzled Problem Solvers,

    Apparently I need to clarify my addition to problem WAC033 note.  I was
just pointing out there are two White moves that work (by applying the same
tactic), that is attacking the Rook and Queen.  The first also gives check
making it probably stronger, but the website correctly points out that 1. Qf4
will also work.  Before you all get too upset with me, I am just saying there
are two moves for White.

    Sorry for any confusion.

    Richard