[blind-chess] Re: More ideas on the ladder...

  • From: "stan lovell" <lovell32@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 13:38:03 -0000

I like the ideas being put forward by Andy and others to enliven the ladder.
Particularly, I like the ideas to publish good performances, such as: 1. Player
who played the most games during a year;  2. Player who scored most points
during a year; 3. Most improved player during the year.  This could be
determined by the player who increased his/her rating by the most points during
the year.

The only snag I can see by not flipping the ladder at all is that weaker
players would be less likely to find themselves within striking distance of the
top and, therefore, it would be more difficult for them to hit the top spot.  A
flip every two years with the person who reaches the top dropping back to the
bottom straight away might achieve the best of both worlds.