[blind-chess] Re: Excel Chess Board?

  • From: Jim <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:10:07 -0400

Hi Alvin,
WinBoard is much more powerful at many things than BG Chess Chalenge.
I recommend that you give it a try. I know that BG Chess Chalenge is
supposed to be made for blind players, but WinBoard is better at
analysis, it follows algebraic and FEN notation better, it has a
configurable chess clock, you can use it to play games on the Free
Internet Chess Server with millions of people all over the world, you
can load game files with thousands of games into it. You can hook it
up to many chess engines, and it was built to use the JAWS engine with
Eloquence, which should be familiar to you. Plus, if you really want
to play in the Internet Chess Server, I just created a little JAWS
script set that makes that part of the program talk much better.

Thanks.

Jim