[blind-chess] Re: Edward, not sure about ...Re: Spoiler Alert Problem WAC083

  • From: Eddyz69@xxxxxxx
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 13:58:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Richard and all,

You meant to write "Rdxd7" instead.

I forgot to state that Rc1 is not possible.  This could only occur if  the
two
pawns at Pc3 and Pc6 were removed.

After black moves the rook to f8, black can create some counter play  by
attacking.  Black can take the white rook at d7 slowing white's  attack.
Then,
the white rook at e7 takes the black rook at d7.   White can then bring the
knight into play.
Edward

Hello Edward,
I think your first two moves are correct:
1. Qxd7  Qxd7
2. Rcxd7, this looks correct so far.  White has won a bishop and  the four
rooks have somewhat of a standoff.  This may well be the whole  point of the
problem.
Now you say:
2. ... Rc1, threatening Rc#1, but I  don't understand the threat as there
are two pawns and a bishop to go through  first and the knight at f3 can
block.
Meanwhile the two rooks on the  seventh rank can go after the pawns.
Richard