[blind-chess] Edward, not sure about ...Re: Spoiler Alert Problem WAC083

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:25:35 -0700

Hello Edward,

I think your first two moves are correct:
1. Qxd7 Qxd7
2. Rcxd7, this looks correct so far.  White has won a bishop and the four rooks
have somewhat of a standoff.  This may well be the whole point of the problem.

Now you say:
2. ... Rc1, threatening Rc#1, but I don't understand the threat as there are
two pawns and a bishop to go through first and the knight at f3 can block.
Meanwhile the two rooks on the seventh rank can go after the pawns.

Richard