[blazie-support] sick M40 saga

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "notetaker list" <blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:52:25 -0400

First of all, Hi Stephanie -- glad you joined the list.  You may be glad to
know that since my Millenium has given out on me, I will definitely be
keeping the blt I bought from you...
It's a great little unit.  Question though: How do I clean or otherwise
treat the display so the pins don't stick?  I tend to need to push down pins
that don't depress when they're supposed to...  (That's one of the things I
liked on the M40 -- it did have a fresh,working display.)

Now back to my M40: I unplugged it from the recharger today and turned it on
and it did a warm reset and died again, same as yesterday.  (It works when
plugged in.)  I never did recover my data on that file that was truncated.
I called FS tech support and after a brief interaction, he said I had to
send it in.
Since I bought it new and it's still within the 30 day return period, I
think I will just get my money back...
(Sigh.  It was working great for 3 weeks.)  Not that I mind getting all that
money back ;) but if it doesn't work and if some of you on the list have had
the same problem time after time with this model, why bother trying???

Anyone have any other suggestions before I pack it up?
After using it a month with no problem it is a bit of a pain parting with
it -- but $5000 for something flaky... :(

Thanks for all the info.
--le